fall 2016 internships
decent workshop is seeking interns for the fall season! our clients tend to be small or startup businesses in the worlds of social entrepreneurship, tech, arts, and policy (with clients located here in d.c., nationally, and even abroad). we specialize in making amazing products on a bootstrap budget, crafting brand stories, and doing things a little different.
still crushin the college game? we have two openings each semester for one design and one marketing intern. these positions don't involve any envelope stuffing or paper pushing. you'll learn stuff, make stuff, do stuff. check out the descriptions below-- if you're interested, get in touch and let's see if we can collab!
Digital Marketing + Social Media Intern
Decent Workshop is a DC-based creative digital agency providing creative design, brand strategy, digital marketing and content creation services for good businesses doing good things. We are looking for a someone who can think up, plan and run crazy cool digital campaigns AND help keep us all sane through it all. As a small agency, this is an opportunity to work hands on with clients and learn from Decent Workshop’s Digital Marketing + Brand Strategy founding partner and get to work directly with our leadership team. Joining us will mean devoting yourself to:
- Social media engagement- Manage client accounts, participate in conversations, come up with your own ideas. Be a social media wizard.
- Content creation- Write content for items such as email newsletters, social media posts, blog posts, and digital ad copy. Sound smart.
- Project management- KEEP US SANE. Plan our calendars, figure out when shit needs to get done, magically add more hours to the day.
Who are you?
- A social media wizard
- Insanely organized, your color-coded calendar proves this
- English-teacher approved good writer
- Get-shit-done, no-bullshit kind of person
- Inspired to come up with new ideas + solve problems
But really, what does this mean?
- You have experience using Hootsuite, Mailchimp, and Wordpress
- You have been a project manager, assistant, or worked in a role that required you to manage other people's schedules
- You actually use social media yourself quite regularly; you've got your finger on the pulse
- You have an eye for design– you can take a good iPhone photo or make an email look nice
- You are computer-savvy + a fast learner when presented with new programs
- you are comfortable with various styles of writing and voice
- you are comfortable identifying problems + taking matters into your own hands
- You know a lot + always ask when you don’t
terms: 3-month internship, paid. monday-friday 10am-6pm (most days). we eat breakfast on tuesdays, and try not to work on weekends. sometimes we travel. we need someone to begin asap, because let's be honest, there is a lot of work to get done. to apply, let us know who you are and why you're cool. non-traditional cover letters + resumes preferred. please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 08/31/16.
We are looking for a designer who has a knack for pushing the limits and telling stories through graphic, product and experience design. As a small agency, you will collaborate directly with our leadership team and have client access. Working with us means working on all types of projects, from large to small. One day you might design an infographic or snap a batch of drool worthy food photos. Another day you might be brainstorming shooting mini videos or building out visuals for instagram editorial calendars. Joining us will mean devoting yourself to:
- All things visual-- you're into everything from insta to installation
- Styling, shooting and editing photos
- Innovative concepting + graphic design
- Being a jack of all trades-- think multi-sport athletes
Who are you?
- Ambitiously creative with a dope portfolio
- Good with a camera
- You are a multidisciplinary designer + artist at heart. Smart + articulate — you love the design process as much as the product.
- A critical thinker + editor-- you push back when you think the story isn't going the right way
- An up-for-anything, out-of-the-box, let's-do-this kind of person with a great attitude + lack of ego. We are small, collaborative team where every piece plays an equally important role.
- You love a challenge. The thought of a fast-paced, jack-of-all-trades environment doesn't phase you. Instead, you thrive in it.
- Even with all your creative energy, you obsessively check design details and photo proofs
What you know?
- Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom
- Photo production + editing -- how to art direct, produce, shoot + edit + build the *best* instagram feeds
- How to build out a concept, present it + iterate on it
Extra brownie points if you have....
- Video production, filming, or editing experience
- Website design with Wordpress + Squarespace (brownie points for HTML 2 + HTML 5 + CSS)
terms: 3-month internship, paid. monday-friday 10am-6pm (most days). we eat breakfast on tuesdays, and try not to work on weekends. sometimes we travel. we need someone to begin asap, because let's be honest, there is a lot of work to get done. to apply, let us know who you are + why you're cool. non-traditional cover letters + resumes preferred. please send application materials to email@example.com by 08/31/16.